Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End of 2009 and the Beginning of New Decade

The evening is drawing in as the year comes to a close. At the beginning of the year I had no idea where I might be on Dec 31st 2009 but would not have guessed I would be in Kingston, Jamaica.

My ambition had been to be somewhere I could contribute and use the experience I have acquired over the years to make a difference if I could. That opportunity has certainly been provided here and in a place that is beautiful and challenging and offers more than I can in return. How fortunate I have been.

This year has been about all the things one learns from embarking upon a major change. For me the most valuable thing has been experiencing the generosity and warmth of others. The well wishes as my plans to take a year off emerged; the generosity of people I left behind and those I have met in Jamaica; and the support of Haley and Tasha as their home was rented and they ventured into the world of student loans!

Thanks to everyone for being part of 2009 and I wish you all happiness and prosperity for 2010 and the next decade!!

No comments:

Post a Comment